Veolia Water Technologies (Veolia) exhibits today at the 7th Singapore International Water Week (SIWW) and showcases its new cooling system solution, the Hydrex™ AquaVista, and other tried-and-tested technologies – the Actiflo®, AnoxKaldnes™ Moving Bed Biofilm Reactor (MBBR), and the Biobed® Advanced Technology. As a Founding Sponsor of SIWW, Veolia also shares its input at SIWW conferences and presents a variety of innovative water and wastewater treatment solutions, demonstrating its support to industrial and municipal companies in this water-scarce environment.
Frédéric Théry, Chief Executive Officer of Veolia Water Technologies, South East Asia, said, “Against a backdrop of increasing environmental and water scarcity challenges, it is especially important for Veolia to be present at a major trade event like SIWW. Being here allows us to keep abreast with the concerns that manufacturers face on a daily basis, enabling Veolia to provide effective solutions to address these problems. We look forward to sharing more about business sustainability in a world with limited resources.”
Cutting-edge Water and Wastewater Solutions
Veolia – a leader in water and wastewater resources optimization, product recovery and recycling – will showcase a total of four in-house water treatment solutions developed for the industry at large. To help visitors understand these solutions, Veolia will hold all-day technological demonstrations at the show.
• [NEW] The Hydrex™ AquaVista is an automated control and monitoring system for the optimum dosing of cooling, boiler, or membrane water. With the treatment, operators are able to automatically monitor, document, and control most water treatment processes. The system also facilitates remote monitoring of cooling circuits, boilers, and membranes unit.
• Actiflo®, a high-speed clarifier that utilizes microsand (Actisand™) and polymer in a Turbomix® draft tube. This proven system is suitable for a wide range of applications, and can be used to treat both process water and wastewater.
• AnoxKaldnes™ Moving Bed Biofilm Reactor (MBBR), is a biological solution that implements Veolia’s biofilm principle. The biofilm grows within specially engineered plastic carriers, which are then suspended and mixed in a reactor throughout the water phase. Featuring a relatively small footprint, the AnoxKaldnes MBBR is able to achieve between 60 – 70% of chemical oxygen demand (COD) removal and handle extremely high loading conditions without clogging problems.
• Biobed® Advanced Technology, a patented anaerobic wastewater reactor that integrates two existing reactor systems – the Biothane Upflow Anaerobic Sludge (UASB) and Biobed® Expended Granular Sludge Bed (EGSB). Combining the capabilities of both the Biothane UASB and Biobed® EGSB, the Biobed® Advanced Technology is the choice anaerobic reactor for performing wastewater treatment processes at an affordable price.
Roundtable Discussion: Resources 2050
As economic and population growth continues to strain existing water resources in Asia, the region is now experiencing water shortages. To help mitigate the current water-scarce environment, municipal and industrial manufacturers can consider using alternative sources of water. At SIWW, Veolia will host a roundtable discussion themed Resources 2050 on 11 July, Monday, from 2pm to 4pm.
Led by Laurent Panzani, Global Food, Beverage, and Biofuels Market Director at Veolia, the session will cover expert insights on companies moving from a full resource concept of ‘take-make-dispose’ to a new social and integrated model for sustainable business development. The session will also feature applications of Veolia’s technologies in the Food and Beverage industry, and include input from one of Veolia’s clients, Danone, a leading food manufacturer.
Water Convention @ SIWW
Additionally, Veolia is participating in the Water Leaders Summit and the Industrial Water Solutions Forum, where two of Veolia’s technical experts will take center stage to share their insights on the following topics:
• Water Leaders Summit Insights III – The New Rules of Water Infrastructure and Technologies by Claude Laruelle, Director of Global Enterprises, Veolia and Chairman at Veolia Water Technologies
• Industrial Water Solutions Forum – Securing Water Supplies in Challenging Environment, Breakout Session 1 by Peter Stokes, Director, Global Key Account, Veolia Water Technologies
To learn more about Veolia’s water technologies and sustainability management tools, visit Veolia’s Stand B2-F18 at SIWW 2016 in Marina Bay Sands Expo and Convention Centre from 11 – 13 July 2016.