SUEZ is now encouraging PhD students to apply for the 12th international “Water & Health” Seminar, which will be held from 22-25 June 2020 in Cannes, France.
The 12th edition of the “Water & Health” Seminar is an opportunity for 15 PhD students from all over the world to present their work to academics and representatives of industry.
The seminar’s aims are to:
- Favour the dialogue between young and senior scientists in this fast-moving scientific area
- Allow young researchers to discuss their results with internationally recognized scientists
- Favour the dialogue between all disciplines contributing to the advancement of water safety
- Identify new research needs to further improve water safety.
Topics covered include emerging waterborne pollutants and pathogens, epidemiology, microbiology, toxicology, analytical chemistry, risk assessment, water treatment, water hygiene and public health. Topics related with the sociological and regulatory aspects of risk management are also welcome.
PhD students may apply to attend the seminar at any step of their PhD, although the preference will be given to works near completion and mature for publication. Young post-doctoral researchers may also apply.
Participants will be offered to publish their work in a special issue of the International Journal of Hygiene and Environmental Health (Impact Factor = 4.769).
A €1500 (S$2275.74) award will be attributed by SUEZ to the student bringing the best contribution to the advancement of water safety.
The Scientific Committee is composed of:
- Pr Jamie BARTRAM, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, USA
- Pr Martin EXNER, University of Bonn, Germany
- Pr Philippe HARTEMANN, University of Lorraine, France
- Pr Paul HUNTER, University of East Anglia, UK
- Pr Michael WILHELM, Ruhr University Bochum, Germany
- Dr Jean-François LORET, SUEZ, France
- Dr Daniel VILLESSOT, SUEZ, France