Utility leaders will participate in Singapore International Water Week, July 10-14
The Water Environment Federation (WEF), the National Association of Clean Water Agencies (NACWA), and the Water Environment Research Foundation (WERF)—in partnership with the Singapore International Water Week (SIWW) —are pleased to announce the recipients of the 2016 Singapore International Water Week Scholarship (SIWWS):
• Hardeep Anand, Deputy Director, Capital Programs & Regulatory Compliance, Miami Dade Water & Sewer Department, Fla.
• Michael S. Connor, General Manager, East Bay Dischargers Authority, Calif.
• Cedric S. Grant, Executive Director, Sewerage & Water Board of New Orleans, La.
• Paula Kehoe, Director of Water Resources, San Francisco Public Utilities Commission, Calif.
• Alberto M. Lazaro, Executive President, Puerto Rico Aqueduct & Sewer Authority, PR
• Enrique C. Zaldivar, General Manager & Director, City of Los Angeles – LA Sanitation, Calif.
The 2nd edition of the SIWWS once again aims to break down international barriers, assist with the acceleration of technology transfer, and create an understanding of innovative policy options to further integrate resource recovery across the water sector. A collaborative sponsorship of the scholarship will offset costs for a US utility delegation to attend SIWW 2016, a biennial event that showcases best practices, innovative technologies, and business opportunities in the global water sector.
Scheduled for July 10-14, SIWW 2016 will bring together international water leaders and practitioners to share and co-create innovative solutions that reinforce global integration of sustainable water management strategies with urban planning processes.