Guest-of-Honour President Tony Tan Keng Yam officially marked the start of the World Cities Summit (WCS), Singapore International Water Week (SIWW) and the CleanEnviro Summit Singapore (CESS) at an opening ceremony held at the Marina Bay Sands Expo & Convention Centre.
President Tony Tan and other dignitaries were given a preview of the key highlights of the three events including the inaugural City Solutions Singapore expo. This integrated global marketplace brings together leading companies and innovative start-ups in the business of urban development, water, and waste and cleaning management to showcase new and cutting-edge solutions for smart nations and urban environments.
Also making its debut at the City Solutions Singapore:
• Smart Water Solutions Showcase by national water agency PUB, featuring an array of innovative smart technologies that it is adopting in various aspects of Singapore’s water management.
• Innovation Pitch, a brand new initiative for the CleanEnviro Summit Singapore 2016, is a platform for entrepreneurs and companies to showcase new technologies, innovations, products and services in the sustainability sphere along the themes of “Waste-as-a-Resource” and “Smart Solutions for the Environment”.
• Water-Energy-Waste Nexus: The Singapore Journey Showcase will unveil a physical representation of the Deep Tunnel Sewerage System (DTSS) Phase 2 and the Integrated Waste Management Facility (IWMF). This mega project by PUB, and the National Environment Agency of Singapore (NEA), will see the co-location of the Tuas Water Reclamation Plant and the IWMF, the first of its kind in the world to be planned from ground-up.
• Towards a Smart and Sustainable Singapore pavilion where over 16 government agencies will come together for the first time in a joint showcase of collaborative efforts in the areas of R&D, urban development, ICT infrastructure, policy-making, capabilities building and ecosystems development to transform Singapore into a safer, more liveable and sustainable place to live, work and play. The pavilion will be open to the public and offer a holistic perspective about Singapore’s sustainable development vision.
• New country pavilions will join the three events for the first time, including Turkey, Spain, Scotland and the “EU Business Avenues in Southeast Asia” pavilion.
The three events represent a unique integrated platform for industry leaders, policy-makers and experts from across the spectrum of cities, water, environment and sustainable development to help shape the global sustainability agenda.
The 5th World Cities Summit, the 7th Singapore International Water Week and the 3rd CleanEnviro Summit Singapore will be held at the Sands Expo and Convention Centre, Marina Bay Sands, from 10-14 July 2016.