Bentley Systems, Incorporated, today announced the finalists in the Year in Infrastructure 2020 Awards programme. The annual awards programme honours the extraordinary work of Bentley software users advancing infrastructure design, construction, and operations throughout the world. Sixteen independent jury panels selected the 57 finalists from over 400 nominations submitted by more than 330 organisations from more than 60 countries.
The finalists for Year in Infrastructure 2020 Awards for advancements in infrastructure are:
Utilities and Communications
- IOB Technology Sdn Bhd – BIM for Substation and Electrification Design of Double Rail Track, Johor, Malaysia
- Qinghai Kexin Electric Power Design Institute Co., Ltd. – Dayu 110kV Electrical Transmission and Transformation Project in Hainan Tibetan Autonomous Prefecture, Qinghai Province, China
- Sterlite Power Transmission Limited – Sterlite BIM
Water and Wastewater Treatment Plants
- AECOM/Wessex Water – Durleigh WTC Reconstruction
- Hatch – Ashbridges Bay Treatment Plant Outfall
- PowerChina ZhongNan Engineering Corporation Limited – Research on the Deep Application of BIM and Digital Twin Technology of Water Delivery Project Based on Bentley
Water, Wastewater and Stormwater Networks
- Companhia de Saneamento Básico do Estado de São Paulo – Operational Restructuring Project of Cursino Water Supply System in São Paulo City
- DTK Hydronet Solutions – Digital Water Network Engineering & Asset Management of Dibrugarh Water Supply Project
- NJS Engineers India P Limited – JICA Assisted Guwahati Water Supply Project
The finalists, chosen by independent juries of industry experts, present their projects during a pre-conference showcase beginning October 5 through October 16, 2020.
Chris Barron, Bentley’s chief communications officer, said, “The circumstances of the global pandemic have made the past few months a challenge for us all, and it is a testament to our users’ resilience that we received over 400 nominees for our Year in Infrastructure Awards programme. While we are not able to present this year’s conference and awards ceremony in front of a live audience, the new virtual format gives us the opportunity to re-invent Year in Infrastructure and take full advantage of ‘going digital.’ Attendees can access our informative sessions in real time, or on-demand, making it easier for anyone to attend multiple sessions that might have ran concurrently. We are also providing new and exciting ways to engage with infrastructure thought leaders from around the world and to explore and share their innovative insights.”
The agenda of the Year in Infrastructure 2020 Conference features:
- Pre-Conference Live Judging – The Year in Infrastructure 2020 Awards Finalists Presentation – Oct. 5 – Oct. 16 — Hear from the people behind the most extraordinary infrastructure projects of the year, as they tell their story of how they leveraged digital advancements to achieve unprecedented outcomes.
- TwinTalks – Digital Twins Go Mainstream — Featuring moderated panel discussions with users, Bentley executives, and industry analysts who will share how digital twins are gathering mainstream adoption in six sectors.
- Executive Perspectives: Digital Twins for Infrastructure Resilience — Greg Bentley, CEO Bentley Systems – Discover the software and cloud-service enhancements that empower users to create and operate economically and environmentally sustainable infrastructure.
- Executive Perspectives: Digital Twins — Join Keith Bentley, founder and chief technology officer, Bentley Systems, to learn how users have created digital twins to support accessibility, interoperability, and open standards.
- Digital Twins: Making the Business Case for Digital Twins — Learn how leading organisations have made compelling and successful business cases for deploying digital twins that improve project delivery and asset performance. Featuring Adam Klatzkin, Bentley’s vice president, business development, and Richard Cooper, Bentley’s strategic director.
- Digital Twins Showcase: Twinfrastructure! Twinnovation! — Greg Demchak, director of Bentley’s iTwin Innovation Lab, Mehreen Javaid, Bentley’s digital integrator, and Sanjeev Shah, Bentley’s business development director showcase how users leverage mixed reality (XR) to visualise the past, present, and future of their projects, and create digital twins of existing assets to implement remote inspection and remote assist digital workflows.
- Live: Year in Infrastructure 2020 Awards Ceremony Oct. 21. After careful deliberation, by independent expert juries, the winners of the Year in Infrastructure 2020 Awards will be announced in a live global broadcast at 12:30 p.m. EDT.