ABB to present new technologies which will assist municipalities and water plants in reducing energy consumption while lowering the overall maintenance costs within their water process
ABB will showcase a variety of products, services and solutions which will reduce energy consumption, while lowering the overall maintenance costs for water applications at WEFTEC 2016, North America’s largest water event, being held September 24-28, 2016 at the New Orleans Morial Convention Center in New Orleans, Louisiana.
“We work with municipalities every day who are looking for safe, reliable, and cost efficient solutions, especially in today’s challenging reality of aging infrastructure and limited capital funding,” said H.J. Dewes, Water & Wastewater Segment Manager for ABB’s Drives business in the US. “Now is the time to collaborate on solutions that will minimize operational costs today and in the years ahead.”
ABB will highlight a number of new technologies and products in Hall C, booth #2014. Baldor Electric, a member of the ABB group will also have their latest motor technologies on display in booth #1817.
A full portfolio of products, services, and solutions for the water industry throughout all stages of the water cycle – from collection, through treatment and distribution – will be on display, including these new and innovative products:
• Symphony Plus® – The new generation of ABB’s widely acclaimed Symphony family of control systems improves productivity and energy efficiency as well as enhances operational security, safety and lowers the total cost of ownership.
• Full portfolio of low voltage drives for the water Industry – The newest drive in ABB’s water portfolio is the leading solution for those applications where low harmonic content is required. Its performance and simple installation make it ideal for water and wastewater treatment applications, such as pumps, fans, blowers, and decanters. The full portfolio of drives, from standard to ultra low harmonic, will be on display.
• ATS430 turbidity and total suspended solids probe optimizes the municipal and industrial wastewater treatment process, and ensures regulatory discharge compliance. The fully sealed self-cleaning sensor is pre-calibrated and maintenance free and incorporates the EZ Link technology, allowing the transmitter to automatically recognize and configure the sensor for immediate process measurement.
• LMT Series K-TEK Magnetostrictive Level Transmitter – Designed with the user in mind, this next generation transmitter achieves the next level in ease of use, safety and reliability, allowing the user to ensure optimal performance and increased uptime with no need for additional tools or equipment.
• CMF310 field-mount controller and CMF160 field-mount indicator – Built into their own NEMX 4X / IP66 enclosure, these new additions to the ControlMaster range of single & dual loop controllers eliminate the time and cost associated with adapting panel-mount devices to suit wall-mounted applications.
• LLT100 Laser Level Transmitter – This high performance, non-contact transmitter can accurately measure level, distance and position over long ranges in extreme environments. It works with clear liquids and is a direct replacement for open path radar while providing continuous level control for a low cost of ownership, with simplicity and reliability.
• MNS-MCC – This Motor Control Center efficiently incorporates advanced motor control and power distribution technologies into the safest, most reliable and easiest to maintain platform for the industrial water treatment and water quality market. ABB leads the industry with arc-resistant design, 4000A horizontal bus and fully rated 2500A vertical bus. The MNS-MCC incorporates best-in-class ABB products such as, Emax2 Circuit Breakers and ACQ Drives specifically designed to support the waste water and water quality industry in a fully UL-tested solution. The standard networking capability offers a wide range of water management control, monitoring and protection options.
• Ellipse Select – Ellipse Select is ABB’s Enterprise Software product group’s EAM/ERP solution. Ellipse Select has been preconfigured with the industry-specific logic, workflow, and best practices that large asset intensive industries have benefited from for 35+ years. This allows for a rapid implementation and streamlines ongoing administration. In fact, Ellipse Select can be operational in as little as 90 days. And because it can be hosted in the cloud, powered by Microsoft Azure, or on site with Microsoft SQL Server, it can help to reduce hardware overhead as well.