Recipients of the 2018 Singapore International Water Week Scholarship revealed
Six utility leaders have received scholarships to attend the Singapore International Water Week (SIWW) 2018. The scholarships will help recipients break down international barriers, accelerate technology transfer, and create an understanding of innovative policy options to advance resource recovery across the water sector.
The scholarships are provided by the Water Environment Federation (WEF), the National Association of Clean Water Agencies (NACWA), as well as the Water Research Foundation (WRF). Into its third edition, the scholarship highlights the strong and continued collaboration between SIWW and United States (U.S.) water associations in strengthening the capabilities of utility leaders.
Recipients of the 2018 scholarships are:
- Robert Angelotti, Deputy Executive Director, Technical Services, Upper Occoquan, Virginia, Service Authority
- Yvonne W. Forrest, Director Houston Water, Houston Public Works, City of Houston, Texas
Adel Hagekhalil,Assistant Director, City of Los Angeles, California – LA Sanitation
- Kishia Powell, Commissioner, City of Atlanta, Georgia, Department of Watershed Management
- Kathryn Sorensen, Director, Phoenix, Arizona Water Services
- Andrew Williams, Utility Director, Clay Township, Indiana, Regional Waste District
These recipients were chosen based on their high-level positions within the water sector and interest in smart water systems, water reuse, advanced treatment technology, and integrated urban water management. They will receive a customised programme incorporating site visits, meetings, and speaking engagements during SIWW.
Due to take place from the 8th to the 12th of July, SIWW will bring together international water leaders and practitioners to share and co-create innovative solutions that reinforce global integration of sustainable water management strategies with urban planning processes.