Outstanding Singapore engineering achievements receive accolades at CAFEO35
The Institution of Engineers, Singapore (IES), have announced that two outstanding engineering projects and four eminent engineers were accorded prestigious regional accolades at the 35th Conference of the ASEAN Federation of Engineering Organisations (CAFEO35).
The two projects who received the esteemed ASEAN Outstanding Engineering Achievement Awards 2017 are:
- Mitigation of Pollution at Kandy Lake and Mid-Canal, Sri Lanka by Nanyang Environment and Water Research Institute, Nanyang Technological University & University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka; and
- Singapore Sports Hub by ARUP, DP ARCHITECTS & AECOM
Presented by the ASEAN Federation of Engineering Organisations (AFEO), a non-governmental organisation (NGO) affiliated to ASEAN Secretariat, the annual awards pay tribute to the most distinctive engineering projects in the region. The Singapore projects were selected for making significant contributions to advancing engineering and improving quality of life amongst the ASEAN countries.
At the ceremony, AFEO also conferred four eminent Singaporeans with the AFEO Honorary Fellowship title, for rendering exemplary and meritorious services to the engineering profession, IES and Singapore. They are:
- Mr Wong Yui Cheong, Past Council Member, IES;
- Engineer Low Wong Fook, Past Council Member, IES and Past Principal, Singapore Polytechnic;
- Engineer Khoo Seow Poh, Deputy CEO, National Environment Agency; and
- Dr Boh Jaw Woei, Past Honorary Secretary and Past Council Member, IES